The main purpose of DS28E17 device and this board is to use i2c slave devices like sensors and low power microcontroller boards over much longer 1-Wire networks.
1-Wire Slave to i2c bridge Plug consists of DS28E17 chip, an on-board 3.3V LDO regulator and 5V to 3.3V level shifter for interfacing 3.3V DS28E17 device with 5V 1-Wire bus. There are also three optional LED indicators for debugging. The board layout is compatible with TaaraNode and JeeNode boards but can be used with any other 3.3V low power microcontroller board or i2c device.
- 1-Wire Slave to i2c bridge device: DS28E17
- Supply voltage: 5V from 1-Wire bus
- 1-Wire logic level: 5V
- i2c logic level: 3.3V
- On-board 3.3V regulator
- LED indicators: BUSY, ED (Error Detected) and XD (Expecting Data)
- Headers: 0,1″
- 1-Wire connector: RJ45 or RJ12
- Design files on GitHub
- Arduino code for reading Si7021 by SparkfunX
- Arduino code for reading BME280 by Paul Fay
- Bare PCB: 3€
- Pre-assembled: 20€