RS-485 + CAN bus + DCDC Converter Shield for WeMos Mini is a small three-in-one board to fit on top of WeMos D1 Mini (ESP32) microcontroller boards:
- RS485 to TTL Serial transceiver with automatic flow control connects directly to RX/TX UART pins on the microcontroller.
- CAN bus Transceiver is suitable for 12V and 24V systems and it connects to ESP32 integrated CAN controller via GPIO pins.
- DC/DC Converter allows powering the board and the microcontroller with 3.3V from ~12V DC source.
This board offers an easy and compact way to connect NMEA-2000 bus and/or one NMEA-0183 (RS-485/RS-422) device to WiFi network on a small boat using NMEA2000-Gateway with ESP32 software getting power from the NMEA-2000 bus or separate ~12V DC source like 12V battery.
- 3.5mm screw terminals
- Supply voltage: 12VDC (3.8V-32V)
- GPIO voltage: 3.3V
- DC/DC converter: AP63203
- RS-485 transceiver with auto direction control: THVD1406
- RS-485 interface connects to secondary UART on the WeMos D1 Mini ESP32 board
- CAN bus transceiver: SN65HVD232
- Optical isolation: none
- GPIO pins for WeMos D1 Mini ESP32:
- RX: GPIO16
- TX: GPIO17
- CAN bus
- RX: GPIO19
- TX: GPIO18
- Design files on GitHub
- ESPHome CAN Bus component
- ESPHome ModBus component
- NMEA2000-Gateway with ESP32 by Andreas Vogel
- Bare PCB: 3€
- Pre-assembled: 21€